It is currently Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:02 am

Get a FREE FORUM now !

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Byond Key: Prototype_dead
IC Name at the time: Jennifer rain
Date and Time of the Ban: 2017-11-09
Banning Admin: gblue
Official Ban Reason: the ban reason is extreamly long but short and sweet I brought the ash walker tendril onto the station and made a bunch of ash lizards and apparently they killed people and that's my fault
Your description of the incident: so the station went to shit and a virus broke out that was killing people and melting their eyes and a traitor was killing everyone to they point were there was no one left so to revive everyone or get them back into the game a brought the ash walker tendril on the station to allow the dead crew to become the eggs I was planting all over the station and gblue said there were still crew abord even tho I asked on radio anyone alive and looked around the station before executing my plan the only person who may of been killed by the ash walkers would of been the traitor because one of the walkers got their hands on an esword and there was a lot of walkers coming out of the eggs when I first started making them so I'm almost positive everyone on the station was dead
Reason for Appealing: I think that this ban is unjust due to the fact the station was fucked anyway with a deadly virus with an extremely hard to get cure and I was just trying to help people get back in the game so they can enjoy themselves

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 am
Site Admin

Your appeal is being reviewed. G Blue will be in charge of it.

Since the official ban reason hasn't been provided by the player, I looked the ban up.

The duration is 11520 minutes (8 days).
The reason is: "(MANUAL BAN) Breaking rules #2 Assisting antags (ash-walkers), and #9 (bug abuse): As a miner, exploited a method to move an ash-walker tendril and brought it aboard the station, dragging it around corpses to feed it and creating and army of violent ash walkers aboard the station, killing at least two crewmembers before an ERT had to be sent in to deal with the threat. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)"

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:06 am

After a review of the events I believe this ban is still justified, primarily on the case of exploiting a bug (Moving a tendril by buckling it to an office chair).

I might have let you off with a warning and fixed the problem had this been an isolated incident on lavaland, however I was too late noticing what was happening and an ash walker was already hunting two crew members in medbay (one of which was a traitor), killing both as an end result of you having created ash-walker eggs around the station.

Given that this wasn't your intent I've reclassified my ruling for breaking rule #2 (assisting an antag) as a grey area, shaving off close to a day (1320 minutes) from your ban time.

My reminder here that unless convinced otherwise, ash-walkers are a hostile threat to outsiders and extreme caution/station approval should be sought after before deciding to intentionally release them aboard the station. (Obvious exception for antagonists, though they run the risk of being killed themselves. Rule #9 still applies though)

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm

to be 100% honest I was not aware that ash walkers were allowed to kill people unless they were attacked first that was until you informed me otherwise this is probably due to my time on yogstation with strict rules and I did not know there was still crew alive anywere because I did a quick sweep through medbay and science to see if anyone was still alive and called out over radio if anyone was still alive and I got no response and I did not want to deal with the hastle to find the caps id among the dead virus infested crew and call the shuttle so I though why not just bring everyone back as ash walkers so after I made like 20 eggs you told me that this was not legal and they are hostile so seceded at killing the rest of the ash walkers I made on the station leaved the ert that was called in with no one to kill then I killed myself in the pit I made by destroying the tendril so no more eggs could be produced

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 pm

i just thinks the ban is to long for the circumstances leading up to the reason I was banned

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:30 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]